So your 4 and three quarters
Still a little plump around the edges, big smile
You haven’t been around for too long
And with no siblings there is no one to amuse you on long days
But then you meet
Frank
Your Imaginary Friend
Before long you and Frank are everywhere together
You talk to him one on one in your house
At the park
On the jungle gym
You play hide and seek with him and he always wins
When someone asks you something you must confer with him first
He has the best opinions’
Then you start to become a little more destructive sometimes you know
You’re a little kid, just chilling
Throwing a ball to Frank
You know, and then you shatter a vase
So you’re spazzing
Hiding in a closet hoping not to be found
Then mom finds the vase
It was not me mom!
It was
Frank
My Imaginary Friend
Frank knows all of your deepest darkest secrets
Like how to sneak cookies before dinner
Or how to stay up past your bedtime
Sometimes you even tell him about the cute preschool girls you’re crushing on
Frank is a great listener
Still a little plump around the edges, big smile
You haven’t been around for too long
And with no siblings there is no one to amuse you on long days
But then you meet
Frank
Your Imaginary Friend
Before long you and Frank are everywhere together
You talk to him one on one in your house
At the park
On the jungle gym
You play hide and seek with him and he always wins
When someone asks you something you must confer with him first
He has the best opinions’
Then you start to become a little more destructive sometimes you know
You’re a little kid, just chilling
Throwing a ball to Frank
You know, and then you shatter a vase
So you’re spazzing
Hiding in a closet hoping not to be found
Then mom finds the vase
It was not me mom!
It was
Frank
My Imaginary Friend
Frank knows all of your deepest darkest secrets
Like how to sneak cookies before dinner
Or how to stay up past your bedtime
Sometimes you even tell him about the cute preschool girls you’re crushing on
Frank is a great listener
But you can trust him with anything because he is
Frank
You’re imaginary Friend
Suddenly you’re six and in Kindergarten
Playing with blocks and toys
You and Frank are distant now
So many new friends you have met
And they will actually throw the ball back during catch
Soon enough you have forgotten about
Frank
Your Imaginary Friend
Frank
You’re imaginary Friend
Suddenly you’re six and in Kindergarten
Playing with blocks and toys
You and Frank are distant now
So many new friends you have met
And they will actually throw the ball back during catch
Soon enough you have forgotten about
Frank
Your Imaginary Friend
I like how you keeping repeating, "Frank Your Imaginary Friend" throughout your poem because it shows that there is something more there than meets the eye. :)
ReplyDeleteI already commented this but i forgot to type in the word at the bottom so it didn't go through =[ I really like your poem because it's something i enjoyed reading, as opposed to other poetry. I want to know more about Frank and how you guys stopped being biffles.
ReplyDeleteNice job broo, I really liked the idea and theme of this poem. I can really imagine you saying it and expressing it. One thing I liked in particular was the distinction you made between Frank being imaginary and a pigment of the child's imagination. The vase example really made the pros and cons of an imaginary friend clear to me and got me thinking about what an imaginary friend really means.
ReplyDeleteI thought this poem was absolutely amazing. Describing life and going through life, living with an imaginary friend brings back memories. I love how you did that, how you described a friendship unlike any other and then going into school where you meet your first friends. And I agree with Caitlin, there is more than meets the eye.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a very touching poem. It reminds me of gold fish because they are like forgotten pets, like Frank. I to liked the repetition of "Frank, the imaginary Friend".
ReplyDeletei really like how most of the time when the poem says frank its on its own line it gives good spacing i would mayber do that everytime you say frank i think it will really emphasize his name and draw out that he is an imaginary friend
ReplyDeleteoverall great poem
Oddly, I agree with Michael. This poem reminds me of a goldfish because in the beginning of the poem you only talk about Frank, but in the end you have forgotten about him and moved on. I really like the line "Frank is a great listener" because imaginary friends will always be there to listen to you no matter what. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great poem. The idea of having an imagenary friend brings back many memories. I like how the poem just talks about memories and how he was your friend
ReplyDeleteDude,
ReplyDeleteNice poem, bro.
-Dude
P.S. - I like the concept of the imaginary friend a lot. You have some good moments that remind the reader of being a child. I would say that the ending should have a little more emotion in it.